W5YI :
May 27, 2018
Resources for Amateur and Commercial Radio
Toll Free Orders: 1-800-699-9549
  View Cart    
Product Catalog
Amateur Radio
Commercial Radio
Electronics / Reference
Morse Code
Extra Class Audio CD
FCC Links
Amateur Radio News
FCC Enforcement Actions
Amateur Radio
About Licensing
Technician Class
About Call Signs
General Class
Ham Radio Class Locations
Amateur Exam Locations
License Renewals
Club Station Licenses
Vanity Call Signs
1 x 1 Call Signs
FCC Part 97 Rules
Commercial Radio
Study Materials
Contact Us

Vanity Call Signs FAQ : How do I get my old call sign back?
You may request a currently unassigned call sign under the Vanity Call Sign System that was previously assigned to you as your primary, secondary, repeater, auxiliary link, control or space station. You do not have to wait two years after expiration to request your previously held vanity call sign.

If you are filing for a call sign that was not issued as a vanity, considered to be a request by a former holder, that callsign may be from any callsign Group. That is, you do not have to hold a specific class of operator license.

For other sequenially issued calls, the FCC does require that you were the previous license holder within 2 years from the date of your application or be able to provide evidence of holding that call sign if you are asked for it. A call sign requested by a former holder may be from any call sign region.

Return to Vanity Call Signs FAQ
  Toll Free: 1-800-669-9594 Contact Us
Designed and Driven by Riverstone Media ( http://www.riverstonemedia.com )
Legal Disclaimer Privacy Policy