W5YI :
May 27, 2018
Resources for Amateur and Commercial Radio
Toll Free Orders: 1-800-699-9549
  View Cart    
Product Catalog
Amateur Radio
Commercial Radio
Electronics / Reference
Morse Code
Extra Class Audio CD
FCC Links
Amateur Radio News
FCC Enforcement Actions
Amateur Radio
About Licensing
Technician Class
About Call Signs
General Class
Ham Radio Class Locations
Amateur Exam Locations
License Renewals
Club Station Licenses
Vanity Call Signs
1 x 1 Call Signs
FCC Part 97 Rules
Commercial Radio
Study Materials
Contact Us

Vanity Call Signs FAQ : Foreign radio amateur license renewal without SSN
How does a foreign radio amateur with a U.S. (FCC-issued) Amateur Radio license renew their license or obtain a Vanity call sign when they do not have a Social Security Number (SSN)?

Non U.S. citizens may hold FCC-issued Amateur Radio operator licenses and call signs -- including Vanity call signs. Since foreign U.S.-licensed radio amateurs do not have SSNs, foreign nationals must request a password from ULS Technical Support.
A non-citizen radio amateur can also renew or modify their FCC license online at our website but must use their FRN or request a password from ULS Technical Support Amateur License Renewals.
A foreign radio amateur holding a US license wishing to obtain a Vanity call sign must additionally request a password from ULS Technical Support which is used to access their FCC license record. online Vanity Call Sign Application form.

Return to Vanity Call Signs FAQ
  Toll Free: 1-800-669-9594 Contact Us
Designed and Driven by Riverstone Media ( http://www.riverstonemedia.com )
Legal Disclaimer Privacy Policy